- •Diversity curriculum allows students to apply cultural principles.
- •Nursing students identify culturally influenced behaviors as a challenge to care.
- •Students need clinical experiences to engage in culturally appropriate nursing care.
- •Simulation allows students to safely and routinely apply/evaluate care.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Simulation In Nursing
American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2021, April 6). The Essentials: Core Competencies for Nursing Education. Retrieved from. https://www.aacnnursing.org/Portals/42/AcademicNursing/pdf/Essentials-2021.pdf.
Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) (2016). Data documentation: Sources and field descriptions (to accompany primary care area (pcs) or special area statistical profiles). Retrieved from. https://www.azdhs.gov/prevention/health-systems-development/data-reports-maps/index.php#statistical-profiles-pca. Accessed November 12, 2021.
Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) (2022). Primary care area statistical profiles. Retrieved from https://www.azdhs.gov/prevention/health-systems-development/data-reports-maps/index.php#statistical-profiles-pca. Accessed June 8, 2022.
- Integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into a simulation program.Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 2020; 49: 58-65https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2020.05.007
- A Multicounty perspective on cultural competence among baccalaureate nursing students: Cultural competence of nursing standards.Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 2018; 50: 92-101https://doi.org/10.1111/jnu.12350
- Decolonizing entry to practice: Reconceptualizing methods to facilitate diversity in nursing programs.Teaching and Learning in Nursing. 2020; 15: 272-279https://doi.org/10.1016/j.teln.2020.07.002
- Using simulation to educate rural NP students about cultural congruence.Journal for Nurse Practitioners. 2021; 17: 476-480https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nurpra.2020.11.019
- The effects of simulation-based learning using standardized patients in nursing students: A meta-analysis.Nurse Education Today. 2015; 35: e6-e15https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2015.01.019
- High levels of household food insecurity on the Navajo Nation.Public Health Nutrition. 2015; 17: 58-65https://doi.org/10.1017/S1368980012005630
- Tangled pasts, healthier futures: Nursing strategies to improve American Indian/Alaska Native health equity.Nursing Inquiry. 2020; 27: e12367https://doi.org/10.1111/nin.12367
Sanderson, K., Williamson, H.J. & Eaves, E. (2017). Advancing wellbeing in northern Arizona: A regional health equity assessment. Retrieved from https://nau.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/160/2018/09/Wellbeing-in-Arizona_Final-9_22_17.pdf. Accessed November 12, 2021.
- Nursing students’ experiences of caring for ethnically and culturally diverse patients. A scoping review.Nurse Education in Practice. 2019; 37: 97-104https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2019.05.003