- •The National Council State Boards of Nursing Simulation Guidelines is a framework to survey simulation programs.
- •Statewide survey findings of prelicensure simulation practices are discussed.
- •Key areas for faculty development informed a statewide simulation curriculum.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A systematic review of the literature related to the NLN/Jeffries Simulation Framework.Nursing Education Perspectives. 2015; 36: 281-291https://doi.org/10.5480/15-1655
- Integrating human patient simulation into associate degree nursing curricula: Faculty experiences, barriers and facilitators.Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 2010; 6: e75-e81https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecsns.2009.06.002
- NCSBN simulation guidelines for prelicensure nursing programs.Journal of Nursing Regulation. 2015; 6: 39-42
- Quality indicators for the design and implementation of simulation experiences. A Delphi study.Nurse Education Today. 2012; 33: 1357-1361https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2012.07.012
- Standards of best practice: Simulation standard VIII: Simulation-enhanced interprofessional education (Sim-IPE).Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 2015; 11: 293-297
- Critical thinking skills in nursing students: Comparison of simulation-based performance with metrics.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2010; 10: 2182-2193https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2010.05385.x
- Debriefing practices in nursing education programs: Results from a national study.Nursing Education Perspectives. 2015; 36: 361-366https://doi.org/10.5480/14-1520
- Use of simulation in undergraduate and graduate education.AACN Advanced Critical Care. 2016; 27: 86-95
- Use of simulation in nursing education: National survey results.Journal of Nursing Regulation. 2010; 1: 52-57
- NCSBN national simulation study: A longitudinal, randomized, controlled study replacing clinical hours with simulation in prelicensure nursing education.Journal of Nursing Regulation. 2014; 5: S1-S64
- Simulation in nursing education: Current regulations and practices.Journal of Nursing Regulation. 2014; 5: 25-30
- Integrating simulation across the curriculum.Nurse Educator. 2008; 33: 210-214
- INACSL standards of best practice: SimulationSM.Clinnical Simulation in Nursing. 2016; 12: S1-S47
- Health professions education: A bridge to quality.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2003
- Repository of instruments used in simulation research.2016 (Retrieved from)
- Standards of best practice: Simulation.Supplement to Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 2013; 9: S1-S32
- Jeffries P. The NLN Jeffries Simulation Theory. Wolters Kluwer, Philadelphia, PA2016
- Simulation in nursing education: From conceptualization to evaluation.2nd ed. National League for Nursing, New York, NY2012
- Creating a professional development plan for a simulation consortium.Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 2013; 9: e183-e189https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2012.02.003
- Faculty development when initiating simulation programs: Lessons learned from the national simulation study.Journal of Nursing Regulation. 2015; 5: 17-23
- New graduate nurses' perceptions of the effects of clinical simulation on their critical thinking, learning and confidence.The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing. 2010; 41: 506-516https://doi.org/10.3928/00220124-20100701-02
- Results of the National Council of State Boards of Nursing national simulation study: Part II.Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 2012; 8: e117-e123https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2012.01.003
- Standards of best practice: Simulation standard IX: Simulation design.Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 2015; 11: 309-315
- Registered Nursing Programs.2016 (Retrieved from)
- Vision series on teaching with simulation.2015 (Retrieved from)http://www.nln.org/docs/default-source/about/nln-vision-series-(position-statements)/vision-statement-a-vision-for-teaching-with-simulation.pdf?sfvrsn=2
- Characteristics of effective simulated clinical experience instructors: Interviews with undergraduate nursing students.Journal of Nursing Education. 2010; 49: 569-572https://doi.org/10.3928/01484834-20100730-04
- The National League for Nursing project to explore the use of simulation for high-stakes assessment: Process, outcomes, and recommendations.Nursing Education Perspectives. 2015; 36: 299-303https://doi.org/10.5480/15-1639
- High-stakes evaluation: Five years later.Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 2014; 10: e605-e610
- After the National Council State Boards of Nursing simulation study: Recommendations and next steps.Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 2016; 12: 2-7
- Core standards for accreditation.2016 (Retrieved from:)
- Dictionary.2016 (Retrieved from)
- SSH Certification Programs.2016 (Retrieved from)
- An anaylsis of simulation resources, needs, and plans in Florida.Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 2013; 9: e265-e271https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2012.03.003
- Simulation debriefing practices in traditional baccalaureate nursing programs: National survey results.Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 2015; 11: 110-119