Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Teaching in nursing: A guide for faculty.2nd ed. Elsevier Saunders, St. Louis, MO2005
- Development of human patient simulation programs: Achieving big results with a small budget.Journal of Nursing Education. 2008; 47: 522-523
- A comparison of educational strategies for the acquisition of medical-surgical nursing knowledge and critical thinking skills: Human patient simulator vs the interactive case study approach.Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Pittsburgh, 2007
- Jeffries P.R. Simulation in nursing education. National League for Nursing, New York2007
- Getting in S.T.E.P. with simulations: Simulations take educator preparation.Nursing Education Perspectives. 2008; 29: 70-73
- Limited use of the human patient simulator by nursing faculty: An intervention program designed to increase use.International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship. 2008; 5: 1-17
- Experiential learning.Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ1984
- Educating a new generation: Teaching baby boomer faculty about millennial students.Nurse Educator. 2007; 32: 21-23
- Using simulation technology for undergraduate nursing education.Journal of Nursing Education. 2005, January; 44: 31-34
- Evidence to support the use of patient simulation to enhance clinical practice skills and competency in health care professionals and students.Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing. 2008; 5: 49-52
- Nursing research: Principals and methods.7th ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2004 (Original work published 1978)
- A framework for conceptualizing the impact of technology on teaching and learning.Educational Technology & Society. 2007; 10: 16-27
- Read me first for a user's guide to qualitative methods.2nd ed. Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA2007
- Implementing a high-fidelity simulation program in a community college setting.Nursing Education Perspectives. 2008; 29: 105-109
WebQ. (n.d.). Catalyst Web tools. Retrieved May 5, 2008, from http://catalyst.washington.edu/web_tools/webq.html
Cite this article: Adamson, K. (2010, MAY). Integrating human patient simulation into associate degree nursing curricula: Faculty experiences, barriers, and facilitators. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, VOL(6), e75-e81. doi: 10.1016/j.ecsns.2009.06.002.