Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). (2004). Peaceful death: Recommended competencies and curricular guidelines for end-of-life nursing care. Retrieved January 12, 2009, from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/Publications/deathfin.htm
- Nursing students' experiences caring for dying patients.Journal of Nursing Education. 1997; 36: 408-415
- Aspects of caring for dying patients which cause anxiety to first year student nurses.International Journal of Palliative Nursing. 2005; 11: 423-430
- Nursing experience and the care of dying patients.Oncology Nursing Forum. 2005; 32: 97-104
- Evaluation of the End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium undergraduate faculty training program.Journal of Palliative Medicine. 2005; 8: 107-114
- Moral problems experienced by nurses when caring for terminally ill people: A literature review.Nursing Ethics. 2002; 9: 155-178
- ‘Practicing’ medicine without risk: Students' and educators' responses to high-fidelity patient simulation.Academic Medicine. 2001; 76: 469-472
- The effect of death education and experience on nursing students' attitude towards death.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 1990; 15: 29-34
- Evaluation of life and death studies course on attitudes toward life and death among nursing students.Kaohsiung Journal of Medical Science. 2005; 21: 552-560
- Companionship and education: A nursing student experience in palliative care.Journal of Nursing Education. 2005; 44: 169-176
- The impact of a palliative care educational component on attitudes toward care of the dying in undergraduate nursing students.Journal of Professional Nursing. 2003; 19: 305-312
- Communication skills for end-of-life nursing care: Teaching strategies from the ELNEC curriculum.Nursing Education Perspectives. 2003; 24: 176-183
- Concerns of final year baccalaureate students about nursing dying patients.Journal of Nursing Education. 1984; 23: 298-301
- Human patient simulators in nursing education: An overview.Simulation & Gaming. 2001; 32: 194-204
- Virtual reality and medicine—From the cockpit to the operating room.Are we there yet ? Missouri Medicine. 2005; 102: 450-455
- Effects of end-of-life education on baccalaureate nursing students.AORN, 82(3). 2005; 434: 437-440
- Accompaniment needs of nursing students related to the dying patient.Curationis. 2005; 28: 31-39
- Are nurses adequately prepared for end-of-life care.Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 2002; 33: 147-151
Cite this article: Leighton, K., & Dubas, J. (2009, NOVEMBER). Simulated death: An innovative approach to teaching end-of-life care. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, VOL(5). Doi: 10.1016/j.ecns.2009.04.093.